Galveston Island is known for its historic monuments which are standing there since Victorian era. This Island of Texas is known to be the most famous tourist destination. With beautiful scenic beauty along with beaches, all couples, friends, and family come here to relax and enjoy. Tourism, finance, shipping, and health care has given the biggest contribution towards economy of Galveston.
There is the Seawolf Park that is created to pay gratitude to all brave men from the US Navy who died during WWII. Also, you can explore the Strand District which is famous for historical architecture. Mitchell Historic Properties revived these buildings to uplift the economy and for the betterment of the society. During 1960s this downtown neighbourhood had only 12 businesses, but now that has increased to 200 businesses.
Mitchell Historic Properties not only deal in selling shops, but they also sell homes or provide them on lease. Their main motive is to maintain the history of Texas by redefining the purpose of all buildings in downtown Galveston. Cynthia as well as George Mitchell own the Mitchell Historic Properties. They have invested around $175 million in renovating the Strand District.
Galveston Island is an inexpensive city, which is another reason for many tourists to visit. Apart from visiting the historical monuments and museums, there are still various things to do in Galveston. O keep all family and couples together the Island has introduced waterparks, picnic areas, food streets, etc. let’s take a look one by one to all interesting things that can be enjoyed in Galveston –
- Galveston is an island, therefore the main attraction to the city is its beach which is surrounded with bars, shacks, and clubs along with various water activities. Either spend time in crowded Stewart Beach along with company or enjoy some quiet time with your better half in Seawall Urban Park that is adjacent to beach.
- Visit the oldest sailing ship, ELISSA in Texas Support Museum. Spend some time in museum to know about this historic vessel that is still operational.
- You can visit the Pleasure Piers in the morning to enjoy rides or at night to see the lights and enjoy live music. Nobody can feel bored in this amusement park as there is something for every age group.
- Bishops Palace is known for its true history and architect. When you enter the Palace, you will understand what we’re talking about.
- The most important area to enjoy the Strand District which is the downtown of Galveston city. The entire area speaks about the Victorian and Greek architect buildings which are now used as hotels, shops, restaurants, and homes.
- Moody Gardens is a place which is perfect for all age groups as it has bunch of activities for everyone. Aquarium, playground, botanical garden, pool, theatres, golf course, spa, convention centre and hotel are some of the places that are inside the Moody Gardens.
- Let’s not forget about the world-renowned Seawolf Park that is made to give tribute to all those US Navy Men who died during WWII. Two submarine USS Cavalla and US Stewart are still standing there with all machineries and weapons to give you the feel of those days.
There are a lot many more things that can be enjoyed during your stay. Not forgetting about the food tour which is necessity in every city to know their flavours and culture better. If you want to enjoy your trip with utmost satisfaction then plan out beforehand.